Saturday, July 19, 2008

Grand Opening!!


Welcome to my new blog, dedicated to my journey through weight loss. I have thought long and hard about doing this blog because, let's face it theres not alot of time in the day to get everything done, But I truly feel that this is a great way to journal my thoughts and feelings and it create a place for accountability.

On my first blog I posted about doing this and I asked the question at the end What is a good name for this blog, I got some great responses, My MIL Patti @ Treasure Barn suggested The Depths of my Soul, and Jeannene from Love Conquers All suggested Splendor and Majesty. I just love both of these names but I chose to go with He give Beauty For Ashes as suggested by Nancy @ Fete et Fleur, because One of my favorite songs has the same title and it fits this situation to a tee!.

I also picked a butterfly theme because of a butterfly's journey from Caterpillar to Butterfly. I feel like a plump, hairy, slow moving eating all the time Caterpillar, and the thought that God can turn me into a butterfly offers soooooooo much hope.

So He Gives Beauty For Ashes it is then!

Stay tuned and blessing to all

Lori

4 comments:

Fete et Fleur said...

I love it Lori! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings!
Nancy

little chef said...

hope all goes well. love you

missa

pchickki said...

Lori
Good luck on your new journey. You are so beautiful to me no matter how you look but good health will keep you with all of us longer.

I am here for you all the way!
Love you
Mom

Anonymous said...

"Love it here!!!"

Just let your heart and soul pour out. There are NO judgments here or criticisms just one's who love and support you on this journey and here to encourage you one step of the way.

We all are here for you Lori!!

I hope I can be of some encouragement to you.

XOXO~Jeannene